- Potala Palace: Winter palace of the Dalai Lama
- Temple: Spiritual Center for Buddhists in Tibet
- Sera Monastery: Another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, the hot attraction is monks debate.
- Drepung Monstery: Drepung used to be a seat of central government until the 5th Dalai Lama built Potala Palace.
- Namtso Lake:It is the “Heavenly lake” which is one of the four holy lakes of Tibet and also the highest salt-lake.
- Yamdrok-tso: One of the three largest sacred lakes in Tibet
- Tashilunpo Monastery: the seat of Tibet’s second highest incarnation, the Panchen Lama.
Day 1 : Arrival in Lhasa
After arriving in Lhasa, tourist can take a rest and get acclimatized to high altitude or feel free to go to Potala Square, enjoy the fountain with different colors and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.
Day 2 : Lhasa City, Potala Place and Barkhor Street (B, D)
The tour will begin from UNESCO World Heritage site – Potala Palace, which is also the winter palace of Dalai Lama. It’s situated at 12,139 feet above sea level. It’s a 13-story high building that contains over 1,000 rooms, various statues, stupas, murals and artifacts.
Then continue to Jokhang Temple, another UNESCO World Heritage site. It’s a spiritual center for Buddhists in Tibet. Next to the temple there is Bakhor Street, filled with pilgrims and street vendors, selling traditional Tibetan items such as prayer wheels and jewelry.
Day 3 : Monasteries in Lhasa(Drepung and Sera)
In the morning, tourists are going to visit Drepung monastery which was one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416. Ganden palace is used as Dalai Lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala palace.
Afternoon, Sera Monastery—It was one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419. The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 – 5 in the afternoon.
Day 4 : Lhasa (3650m) to Shigatse(3900m)
In the morning, drive from Lhasa to Shigatse .On the way, drive over the Gampala pass (4790 m), and tourists will have a glimpse of Yamdrok-tso (4400m) .The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountains and in the distance clients can have spectacular views of Holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar, (7191m) the highest mountain near Lhasa .
Gyantse was historically Tibet’s third largest city (after Lhasa and Shigatse).In Gyantse, tourists will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum.
After one and a half driving, we arrive in Shigatse, which is the second largest city in Tibet. In Shigatse, tourists will visit Tashilunpo Monastery, the seat of Tibet’s second highest incarnation, the Panchen Lama.
Stay overnight in Shigatse
Day 5 : Shigatse(3900m) to Everest(5200m) via Tingri
Drive to Lhatse, it is a small town where tourists can have lunch.
Then, head to Shegar and if the weather is clear enough then on the way down to Shegar tourists will view the Mt, Everest in the distance. After 4 to 6 hours’ drive, tourists will arrive at Rongbuk monastery but on the way, they will pass one of the highest Passes in Tibet (pang la pass height 5050m) from that’s pass they will view the whole five highest peaks in the world.
Day 6 : Everest (5200m) to Kyilong Town(2600m)
In the morning, if the weather is good, tourists can see the sun rise on the top of Mt Everest, after visiting the base camp, drive to Tongla pass to see the panoramic view of Himalaya mountain range. Then driving down to Kyilong, where is surrounded by forest and with lower altitude about 2600m.
Day 7 : Exit China through Kyilong Border (2600m), then drive to Kathmandu
In the morning, drive clients to the new tourist border – Kyilong, tour guide will assist clients to check out of the border. End the tour at the border, if clients need to book a overland transfer between Kyilong border to Kathmandu, please make the reservation in advance at the travel agency from 50USD to 100USD/person according to group size.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- All necessary travel permits for Tibet (excluding the Chinese visa)
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation with experienced local driver during tour
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation between airport/train station and Hotel at designated period of time
- Experienced Local Tibetan private guide
- 4 nights of 3-star hotels twin sharing accommodation with breakfast (B.B), 1-night Dorm or Big Tent with humble accommodation near Rongpuk Monastery, 1 night at Local Basic Hotel in Kyilong.
- One welcome or welfare dinner
- All admission fee of tourists sites listed in the itinerary
- Oxygen bottles/Oxygen tank cylinder provided during the tour days in Tibet
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- Chinese visa
- Lunches and Dinners, Breakfast at Rongpuk Monastery
- Tips to driver and tour guide
- Single room supplement if clients request a private room in hotels
- Kyilong border to Kathmandu land transfer, if clients need this service, please make a reservation in advance at about 50-100USD/person according to group size.