- Potala Palace: Winter palace of the Dalai Lama
- Jokhang Temple: Spiritual Center for Buddhists in Tibet
- Sera Monastery: One of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, the hot attraction is monks debate.
- Drepung Monstery: Drepung used to be a seat of central government until the 5th Dalai Lama built Potala Palace.
- Namtso Lake: It is the “Heavenly Lake” which is one of the four holy lakes of Tibet and also the highest salt-lake.
- Mt. Everest: The highest mountain in the world.
Day 1 : Arrival in Lhasa
After arriving in Lhasa, local tour guide will welcome you at the airport/train station, then transfer the guests to the hotel. Acclimatize the high altitude in the hotel.
Overnight in Lhasa
Day 2 : Lhasa City, Potala Place and Barkhor Street (B,D).
The tour will begin from UNESCO World Heritage site – Potala Palace, which is also the winter palace of Dalai Lama. It’s situated at 12,139 feet above sea level. It’s a 13-story high building that contains over 1,000 rooms, various statues, stupas, murals and artifacts.
Then continue to Jokhang Temple, another UNESCO World Heritage site. It’s a spiritual center for Buddhists in Tibet. Next to the temple there is Bakhor Street, filled with pilgrims and street vendors, selling traditional Tibetan items such as prayer wheels and jewelry.
Day 3 : Monasteries in Lhasa, Drepung and Sera (B).
In the morning, tourists are going to visit Drepung monastery which was one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416. Ganden palace is used as Dalai Lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala palace.
Afternoon, Sera Monastery—It was one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419. The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 – 5 in the afternoon.
Day 4 : Lhasa – Gyantse - Shigatse (B)
Drive from Lhasa to Gyantse. Admire the Gampala pass (4790 m) on the way, and get a glimpse of Yamdrok-tso (4400m), which is surrounded by many snow-capped mountains. Then continue to drive west towards Gyantse. In Gyantse, tourists will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum. After one and a half hour’s drive, clients will arrive in Shigatse, which is the second largest city in Tibet.
Day 5 : Everest Base Camp (B)
Drive to Lhatse where tourists can take lunch. Then drive to Shegar and if the weather is clear enough, tourists can view the Mt. Everest in the distance on the way back down. After 4 to 6 hours, arrive at Rongbuk monastery, but on the way there, clients will pass Pang la Pass, one of the highest passes in Tibet at 5050m. From that pass, enjoy view all of the five highest peaks in the world.
Day 6 : Everest Base Camp Return to Shigatse
In the morning, tourists can see the sunrise appear on the top of Mt Everest, and have a full view of the magnificent Mount . Tourists may trek from tent to the base camp 4km one way, or go to EBC by local bus. Then drive back to Shigatse.
Day 7 : Shigatse - Lhasa (B)
Today, explore Tashilunpo monastery of Gelug Sect, the seat of the Panchen Lama, built in 1447. The monastery houses a giant statue of the Maitreya Buddha – the biggest gilded statue of Maitreya (Buddha of the future) in the world and a tomb of all the Panchen Lama, containing jewels and gold. In the afternoon, you will drive back to Lhasa, which will take around 6 hours.
Day 8 : Lhasa to Namtso Lake (240km, 5 hours )
In the morning, drive from Lhasa to Lake Namtso. On the way, clients can see Nyenchen Thanglha( snow mountain ranges )and lots of nomads tent with grazing yak and sheep densely-populated around the mountain side. Namtso Lake is the Heavenly Lake which is one of the four holy lakes of Tibet and also the highest salt lake. You can do a very relaxing trekking around the lake side and Tashi Island.
To spend a night at lake shore is fantastic to see the stars.
Day 9 : Namtso Lake to Lhasa (240km, 5 hours)
Enjoy the clear morning at the lake shore; you can trek along the lake shore to Tashi Dor Island to explore the meditation caves. Drive to Dumxung to have lunch.
In the afternoon, tourists may enjoy Yangpachen hot spring (Optional) and have both indoor and outdoor swimming pool filled with hot springs water. Finally, head back to Lhasa.
Day 10 : Depart from Lhasa (B).
Transfer clients to the airport or train station.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- All necessary travel permits for Tibet (excluding the Chinese visa)
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation with experienced local driver during tour
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation between airport/train station and Hotel at designated period of time
- Experienced Local Tibetan private guide
- 7 nights of 3-star hotels twin sharing accommodation with breakfast (B.B), 2-night Dorm or Big Tent with humble accommodation at Rongpuk Everest area and the shore of Namtso Lake
- One welcome or welfare dinner
- All admission fee of tourists sites listed in the itinerary
- Oxygen bottles/Oxygen tank cylinder provided during the tour days in Tibet
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- Chinese visa
- Lunches and Dinners, Breakfast at Rongpuk at Namtso Lake
- Tips to driver and tour guide
- Single room supplement if clients request a private room in hotels