- Potala Palace: Winter palace of the Dalai Lama
- Jokhang Temple: Spiritual Center for Buddhists in Tibet
- Sera Monastery: One of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, the hot attraction is monks debate.
- Drepung Monstery: Drepung used to be a seat of central government until the 5th Dalai Lama built Potala Palace.
Day 1 : Arrive in Lhasa
After arriving in Lhasa, local tour guide will welcome you at the airport/train station, then transfer the guests to the hotel. Acclimatize the high altitude in the hotel.
Overnight in Lhasa
Day 2 : Lhasa City, Potala Place and Barkhor Street (B,D).
The tour will begin from UNESCO World Heritage site – Potala Palace, which is also the winter palace of Dalai Lama. It’s situated at 12,139 feet above sea level. It’s a 13-story high building that contains over 1,000 rooms, various statues, stupas, murals and artifacts.
Then continue to Jokhang Temple, another UNESCO World Heritage site. It’s a spiritual center for Buddhists in Tibet. Next to the temple there is Bakhor Street, filled with pilgrims and street vendors, selling traditional Tibetan items such as prayer wheels and jewelry.
Day 3 : Monasteries in Lhasa, Drepung and Sera (B)
In the morning, tourists are going to visit Drepung monastery which was one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416. Ganden palace is used as Dalai Lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala palace.
Afternoon, Sera Monastery—It was one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419. The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 – 5 in the afternoon.
Day 4 : Depart from Lhasa (B).
Transfer clients to the airport or train station.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- All necessary travel permits for Tibet (excluding the Chinese visa)
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation with experienced local driver during tour
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation between airport/train station and Hotel at designated period of time
- Experienced Local Tibetan private guide
- 3 nights of 3-star hotel twin sharing accommodation with breakfast (B.B)
- One welcome or welfare dinner
- All admission fee of tourists sites listed in the itinerary
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- Chinese visa
- Lunches and Dinners
- Tips to driver and tour guide
- Single room supplement if clients request a private room in hotel